Saturday 22 June 2013

Birds

A bird does not sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song. - Lou Holtz

I hope you enjoy these pictures of birds.  I've tried my best to capture them on photo for a very special reason....Today would have been my little brother's 34 birthday.  He passed away due to health complications when he was 27 years old.  One of his favourite things were birds...and his most favourite were small song birds.  In fact he had thought that every person would benefit by owning a canary...and it's beautiful song.
So, when the warmer weather rolled in a few weeks ago, bird songs began to fill the air around my house again.  One early morning, just as the sun was rising, I heard my littlest son's footsteps running in the hall.  First, I heard his feet come tiptoe into my room...then the sounds of his feet trailed off as he ran into all the rooms down the hall.  In a moment, he had come back and queitly entered my room.  He just gazed out the window for awhile.  At first, he quietly exclaimed to himself,"Wow!"  Then he turned to me and said, "Mom, do you hear? All the birds are singing in your room!"
And so they are...
Happy Birthday John!
  

2 comments:

  1. So pretty!
    It's so sad that your brother lost his life at such a young age. He sounds like such a lovely person and I know you miss him a great deal.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Andrea for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete