Tuesday 4 September 2012

School Days

Life is either a great adventure, or nothing.  - Helen Keller
From my son's sketch book

I love this time of the year.  I think I like the fall better than the summer.  It is as if my mind begins to wake up again after a long sleep in the hot summer sun...and I begin to function again.
Today was my children's first day of school.  So, I am very excited.  I know, most parents are excited to be sending their kids to school, again, finally...
But, I homeschool.  I am excited to be learning again with my children.  I feel like I have been on a treasure hunt for the past month to find the most captivating things to teach my children. I have scoured the shelves of the local library....widdled my selection down to their top 50 books, organised our school room, bought great art supplies, prepared their notebooks, stocked my freezer with quick homemade meals and sweets, and I am ready to begin.  They are ready to begin...and they are asking to begin.
I think life should be like that...an adventure...where the ordinary or the most simple things always can be turned into the extraordinary.
(P.S. I can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring)

No comments:

Post a Comment