Monday 9 April 2012

My Memories

God gave us memory so that we might have roses in December.-James Matthew Barrie



Over the weekend, I pulled up to a four way stop.  I saw an elderly gentleman get out of his car and cross the road in front of me.  Curiosity, made my eyes follow.  People usually do not stop their cars on the side of the road in this area. There is no site seeing to be had.  Slowly, the man walked with his head down.  He stooped beside a utility pole, brushed some old leaves away, picked up a faded wreath, and laid a new flower.  I paused, as if suspended in time, watching the man. Part of me wished to talk to him, just to walk up to him and be beside him. But I realized this moment was his...
Perhaps we are more connected to each other than we realize. I feel as if I have stood on that same spot...and placed my flower,too, in memory of someone loved,...wishing that moments could have changed.  But my memories are sweet...

No comments:

Post a Comment