Wednesday 22 February 2012

The Beauty of Children

Even though your kids will consistently do the exact opposite of what you're telling them to do, you have to keep loving them just as much. - Bill Cosby

Parenthood has taught me this...to not see mistakes in the same way.  Many times we judge ourselves by our mistakes.  I have learned to say, "It's O.K." and "Don't Worry."  I hope that I can teach my children to not fear mistakes.  There is no mistake that would change their value in my eyes...a mistake would not diminish their beauty.  The only mistake that can be made is to never stand up and try again..  So what I will teach them is to stand up again...and again...
I love my children, not matter what errors they make in life.  I trust them to grow...I trust where they are going...and I trust who they will become...  And I am sure they will keep teaching me, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment