Tuesday 24 January 2012

Grey Skies

We do not need magic to transform our world.  We carry all the power we need inside ourselves already.  We have the power to imagine better. - J. K. Rowlings


Leaf trapped in melting snow
The sky was covered in various layers of grey when we began our walk.  To me, it has been a new experience living in the countryside through winter.  Everyday brings new scenery.   Today, our snow covered driveway began to melt and created an  ice bed with a stream flowing on top. Trying to navigate our way down the road was quite a task.  My children were split as to whether or not the day was nice.  My eldest quietly walked his puppy.  My second was convinced that we must be crazy to go on a walk on such a gloomy day (and by the way,  his feet were wet and cold).  My daughter happily skipped along with her cousins and my littlest was trying to slide down the waterfall/ ice bed...falling here and there but getting up to try again ( his feet were wet too...but he didn't mind).  I thought the barren, wet, soggy landscape and the grey sky had a unique beauty I had not seen before. It is interesting how the same experience could be viewed in different ways...I wonder how much of life we misinterpret, too. 

Grey Skies (over a pasture behind our house)


2 comments:

  1. Nice photo, Christina
    It is meaningful to me to see the rustic beauty of that old fencing. Years ago it was only seen as an ongoing challenge to maintain.

    Keep writing!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you liked the photo. I love the old fencing. It has a lot of charm...it is one of my favourite parts of the backyard. Thank you!

      Delete