Thursday 5 January 2012

Sweet Dreams

The world is full of cactus, but we don't have to sit on it. 
- Will Foley

My daughter is having a sleepover.  She is in that in between age...where she thinks she is a little too big for "child's play".  Consequently, while her friend is over, she has banned my littlest son from listening to his favourite audio story of The Complete Tales and Poems of Winnie the Pooh in the evenings...in exchange for more grown up stories. Of course he protested...but, then later took it in stride.
This morning I woke up with him bounding in the room with a little stack of pictures. By nature, my son is not an avid drawer.  So I was surprised at his greeting.
I studied the pictures and I said, "Wow!  Are these pictures of Winnie the Pooh and his friends?"  He excitedly exclaimed they were.  Reaching under my pillow he pulled out another stack that he had placed the night before.  He went on to describe each picture...He had drawn twelve in total.

This is where we meet Edward Bear, learn he is Winnie-the-Pooh, and the story begins

This is Christopher Robin's House 

My son's addition to the story... a fire...(but don't worry, they all made it out alright, except for Pooh, who lost a bit of his fluff and had to be sown up again)

After examining all of his lovely pictures...I realized something unusual about all of them.  I quickly began checking the backs of every picture...and sure enough....he had torn the pages from his sister's sketchbook.  The other side of these pictures contained his sister's drawings.  Noticing that I made a discovery, he smiled, laughed and dashed from the room...soon after I heard his sister shout, "Kaiden!"

So my beautiful moment today was finding the hidden treasures under my pillow and  realizing we all have to cleverly find our way around cactus.

No comments:

Post a Comment