Tuesday 10 January 2012

Now, Let's Sing!

An idealist is one who, on noticing that roses smell better than cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup. - H. L. Mencken

I love to sing.  I think I always have.  My mother said I would sing all the time when I was young...and just when I was thinking I was about to get a compliment...she would start laughing and say, "It was the funniest thing...You could never remember the words to any song...You would just start making them up...You would sing for hours about any subject I threw out."  (I personally, think that is talent...not funny).
So, for a job (maybe to make people laugh at me) I decided to sing.  So sing I do.  Some days I feel like it...some days I do not.  So, today was one of those days....but I tried my best.  And just when I thought I had made it through to the end... a lady came up to me, glanced down, and quietly asked me if I could sing for her father.  He was not doing well, and he was just declared palliative this morning.
I could tell this man was so loved...and his family truly wanted him to know.  So, I sang as if it was the grandest day in my life.  So, I sang...

Beautiful point...was to see the love that this family had for their father...and to find that drive to reach beyond my own limits.

No comments:

Post a Comment