Tuesday 17 January 2012

A Surprise Ending

The stars are the jewels of the night, and perchance surpass anything which day has to show. - Henry David Thoreau


Living in the country is a change.  We have to learn to survive in a whole new environment.
The weather turned a bit warmer today and we had rain...so our driveway turned into an ice rink.
I realized this, as I tried to stop my car from sliding into the front gate.  It turned out alright though, fortunately, my car was good at off roading.  I was able to make it back on the driveway after not too much effort.  Not only the ice was a problem...our nice heating system started to act up...and my husband and my brother- in-law had to stand all day in the rain trying to get it started again....
Our puppy was wet  and muddy...  The children were stuck inside all day...  And the wind howled away outside our windows at about 80 km/h.  But, through all the weather, as night fell, the sky lit up with thousands of stars.  I felt like I was living in a snow globe...it was beautiful to see.  It sure makes living in the country, worth all its troubles.



No comments:

Post a Comment